Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grand Hyatt Washington -- comments please

Just changed my reservation and booked the Grand Hyatt Washington... got a great rate including breakfast. The reviews fluctuate so much... loved it or hated it... Any comments here??





Seems that the location is key to this hotel... $26 to valet park however!!





Any feedback would be appreciated



Grand Hyatt Washington -- comments please


In addition to above question, I was concerned about the safety of this area in the evening.... any help would be appreciated



Grand Hyatt Washington -- comments please


Hi, I just wrote a review of the Grand Hyatt that recently got posted under ';I%26#39;d give it 3.5 stars...'; - so you can check out my complete experience. We were there a couple of weeks ago (8/5-8/7) for two nights and there were definitely pros and cons, but overall I%26#39;d go there again. The rate including the breakfast that we got via the Hyatt%26#39;s website was well worth it - we paid $139/night including breakfast. The breakfast was great, really nice upscale buffet. Location-wise, you are close to the Smithsonian museums and the White House and the Metro is located via a walkway underneath the hotel. Very convenient. I think the issues with this hotel come into play when the hotel is at capacity and the service suffers then. Our first night it was crowded with some kind of convention and things did suffer as a result of so many people, but our second night the hotel was like a different place after they left. It%26#39;s kind of luck of the draw with that, though. The one feature we (as a family with young kids, ages 7 and 4) were disappointed in was the pool. Small, you have to go through the health club to use it and no hot tub. But it was clean. But I constantly had to ask my kids to ';keep it down'; because I was worried they were bothering people with their noise who were utilizing the health club. If that is a very important feature to you, you might want to look elsewhere. I thought the area seemed safe at night, but we were never out very late with the kids, in all honesty. We opted to not use the valet parking and went to the lot directly across the street from the Hyatt and it was $26 total for both Saturday and Sunday night. I%26#39;d stay again for the rate we got, though. Hope that helps!





Suzanne




thanks for this very informative reply. My children are 10 and 14 so I dont think I will have the same concerns that you did. I also booked through the Hyatt Website and got the $139 rate with breakfast included. I orginally had a reservation for the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlngton but the Hyatt turned out to be less money and seemed so convenient. Would you say the parking lot across the street was safe to leave our luggage in the car after we check out of the hotel, if we are still sightseeing for the day??





Did you have to pay to use the pool?? I see conflicting information aobut whether or not there is a charge for the pool.





Thanks for all the help




I bet there%26#39;s no need to invite a break-in of your car; the Hyatt will undoubtedly agree to hold your luggage while you%26#39;re sightseeing after you officially check out




good idea!! I will arrange that when we arrive...




I agree - don%26#39;t leave luggage in your car - the hotel will gladly hold it for you.





Regarding the pool -- it was free to hotel guests, but the fitness center costs something like $7/day.





The hotel was very convenient and that is a great rate (that%26#39;s the same rate I got), given that the breakfast is thrown in as well.





Enjoy!





Suzanne


  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment