Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Radisson Barcelo @ Dupont Circle?

Does this hotel exist with a new name or new hotel affiliation? It%26#39;s at 2121 P St. Or any other suggestions for a hotel for a sole 50ish woman being a tourist? I%26#39;m looking for October. Thank you!







Radisson Barcelo @ Dupont Circle?


That space is now home to the Kimpton group%26#39;s new Palomar Hotel. I%26#39;d recommend Jurys Washington Hotel, also at Dupont Circle. Check the reviews. If it%26#39;s in your price range, another poster raved about her solo stay at the Ritz at Pentagon City (Arlington, VA). If you prefer to walk to city nightlife, though, then I think Dupont is your place.



Radisson Barcelo @ Dupont Circle?


FWIW, mary, my SO %26amp; I stayed at the Ritz Pentagon last year as a belated Valentine%26#39;s getaway. Although not the best of the chain, it was fine for our purposes, but this wasn%26#39;t much of a tourist weekend for us. I think you could do better... the big drawback to that Ritz imo is that it%26#39;s connected to an enclosed mall which could be Suburbia Anywhere, and the immediate environs are fairly ';sterile.';, with the result being that solo evenings would pretty ho-hum.





So, I%26#39;d like to second mopsydog%26#39;s recommendation that you stay in Dupont Circle. That and the Kalorama/Woodley Park neighborhoods are where I much to prefer to stay when I%26#39;m in DC by myself; I always feel comfortable walking around there in the evenings, and there%26#39;s such a diversity of places to go for dinner or aftewards.





The prices I%26#39;ve been seeing for the Palomar have been high (even by DC standards), and the Jurys Washington mopsy suggested would be a fine alternataive (allho%26#39; it%26#39;s not as trendy/';hip'; as a Kimpton property). Other possibilities you might wish to consider: the Churchill at 1914 Conn Ave., , the adjacent Courtyard at 1900 Conn Ave., and the Jurys Normandy Inn (much smaller than its brother, the Washington) on a side street off the corner of Wyoming Ave. and upper end of the 2000 block of Conn. Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment