Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Which Kimpton Hotel??

My husband and I decided to plan a trip to DC over Labor Day Weekend. We have always enjoyed staying at boutique hotels and came across Kimpton Hotels. We are in our 30%26#39;s, want to be close to restaurants, bars, shopping but not afraid to hop on the metro to get to places. Any recommendations on which Kimpton to stay at? Greatly appreciate any advise or recommendations!



Which Kimpton Hotel??


Well, I don%26#39;t know too much about the hotel itself, but the Hotel Monaco is in a really good location. You%26#39;ll be right across the street from a metro station and in a nice neighborhood with lots of trendy restaurants.



Which Kimpton Hotel??


I agree with the Hotel Monaco for location. It would be my first choice, but it could be on the pricey side. Second choice would be Rouge or Topaz. Both are well-located, close to Dupont metro and not too far from Adams Morgan for nightlife. I%26#39;ve also heard good things about the hotels (check the reviews). Fourth choice would be Helix. Palomar just opened, but it%26#39;s pricey and sounds like their still working out some kinks. Have a nice weekend!




I%26#39;d go with any of Mopsydog%26#39;s top three - although you might find the 7th Street corridor too urban and congested on the weekends, with all the traffic and especially if something is going on at the MCI/Verizon Arena. Dupont Circle is much more pedestrian-friendly. (I%26#39;m a big Kimpton fan myself - see if they have any promotions or special rates that weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment