Wednesday, March 28, 2012

help with itieneary

We are visting D.C next week for 4 days. we got tickets for holocaust museum at 2.45 p.m.We thought we will spend the morning at smithsonian art museum %26amp; then head down to holocaust exhibit.Will that plan work out? Are they in walking distance?



We have a nine year old -will the exhibit too much for her? Had anyone taken smaller children to the exhibit ?



All other family members are so keen to see the exhibit %26amp; I don%26#39;t know whether to take her or not.



Spy musuem- is it worth the hassle?



Suggestions on vegetarian restaurants will be greatly appreciated



thanks in advance



help with itieneary


www.hopstop.com is a great source for walking directions.





They have a children%26#39;s section in the holocaust museum.



help with itieneary


The main Holocaust Museum is not appropriate for a 9-year-old.





I%26#39;m not sure where you mean with ';smithsonian art museum';. The National Gallery of Art is on the Mall, but not part of the Smithsonian. The American Art Museum and Portrait Gallery are part of the Smithsonian and are wonderful, but they do not open until 11:30 each day. And stay open until 7 PM.





With all the free things, I question the value of the Spy Museum. It is crowded and expensive. The Smithsonian museums are all free.




Thanks.



I thought national gallery was part of smithsonian. Thanks for the link on hopstop.



We may have to find a way to engage my young one when others are visiting .




They have a children%26#39;s section of the Holocaust Museum. Maybe you can find more information on it so you can decide if it would be appropriate to take your 9-year old there.




mom 1967,



Hi there, neighbor! I reserved time-tickets for the Holocaust Museum for my four older children (22, 21, 19 and 16) for our June visit. My husband and I will take our younger two (11 and 5) to see other more kid friendly attractions in the area.





Two years ago when we visited D.C. during spring break our older four visited the Spy Museum while my husband, myself and the younger two visited the zoo. I think that the Spy Museum (and lunch at the ESPN Zone) was *almost the highlight of the trip for my four older sons. I think we would have all enjoyed it except for the fact that we had a three year old with us at the time and were looking for a time to break away to the zoo for the younger ones.





*The actual highlight of our trip was Mount Vernon, in case you were wondering.




We have two girls . That is why I was doubtful about spy museum choice. We have only four days in D.C.



We want to do a day trip to mount Vernon. Is it possible on our schedule by train/ tour bus ?




Girls are only interested in shopping, dolls and cupcakes. Yeah, we know.




mom1967,





I am a little unclear as to what you are asking about Mount Vernon, but I will take a stab at it and see if it is the information you are looking for. You can take the Yellow line metro to Huntington and then catch a bus (I think it%26#39;s the 101--you%26#39;ll have to check the metro%26#39;s website to be sure) and take that right to Mount Vernon. I think Mount Vernon could hold everyone%26#39;s interest for the whole day. I think there are some tour type buses that go out to Mount Vernon, as well. We have never done it that way since we have always had metro passes. If you do it the metro way and then catch the connector bus, be sure to know the exact fare amount for payment (you can find out what that it on the metro web-site) or you%26#39;ll have to have one of those smart passes that covers both bus and train.





As far as people making remarks about girls only liking dolls, etc...Look, you are the parent and you know your girls interests better than anyone. I wouldn%26#39;t spend your vacation time trying to make your girls interested in something unappealing to them. As a mom to six sons, I don%26#39;t think they would be too thrilled with me if I had everyone traipsing through doll museums and tea rooms the whole vacation. Having said that, I think most girls would enjoy the Spy Museum from what my sons have told me about it.




thanks. This was the exact information I was looking for




Make sure your daughter sees the Natural History Museum - it%26#39;s been renovated and is very colorful.


  • social networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment