Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dulles bus options

I would like to take mass transit into DC and wondered about the two bus/metro options. Since I am staying near Dupont Circle, I will have to transfer within metro whether I take the metro 5A bus or the private one. Both seem? to take the same time and I wonder why I should consider taking the more expensive private bus. We only have small suitcases and want to take the metro/bus back to Dulles as well.





Any advice is appreciated!



Dulles bus options


No particular reason I can think of to take the Washington Flyer. Other than not waiting for one or the other.



Dulles bus options


I think the general reasons to take the Washington Flyer are:





1. The 5A metrobus (and all city buses, really) can be unreliable. You might have to wait a long time for a bus to show up.





2. The Washington Flyer is equipped to handle baggage. The other one is just a regular metrobus with nowhere to put even a small bag.





I work within walking distance of the 5A stop in Rosslyn, and I still choose to use the Flyer bus. But that%26#39;s just me (usually work is paying for the ticket) - you can take the other if you are comfortable with that!





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment