Friday, March 30, 2012

best travel from boston to d.c.

We are debating among different ways of traveling to and from Boston and D.C., and would particularly appreciate hearing from anyone who has taken the Amtrak regional. What was the experience like: comfort, timeliness? Is it worth it in terms of comfort to pay more and take the Acela? What about buses? We%26#39;re pretty knowledgable about air travel, but not so much about rail and bus(except for local commuting) within North America. Thank you for any help on this.



best travel from boston to d.c.


bostonpage,





It all depends on how much time you want to take. I will fly when I need to be there quickly - it%26#39;s a fast trip, and often you see some great scenery. However, I don%26#39;t like to fly, so I usually take the train - and I absolutely recommend paying the extra and taking the Acela. The regional stops at quite a few towns, and the cars are older, so there%26#39;s a lot of rattling and slowing and starting. The Acela makes much fewer stops, and the cars are a lot newer, so more comfortable and quiet. Each seat has it%26#39;s own power outlet (only one per every two seats on the regional, I think), and the cars are brighter and cleaner.





I wouldn%26#39;t typically consider the bus, unless you were really looking to save money, though I know some people have used buses to make that trip w/out any problems. I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s a bus that goes all the way through (though I could be wrong), so you%26#39;d have to change in NYC. On Amtrak, you just stay on all the way through.





Hope that helps - let us know if you have any other questions.



best travel from boston to d.c.


I agree with previous poster. But for me (and probably some others ) it can be a matter of cost. you can clearly drive for much less than taking a train. but the acela is great. I%26#39;m also fine with regional as long as it doesn%26#39;t take more than an hour or so. its a fine experience even though acela cars are definately nicer. flying can take just as long if you get stuck and dealing with airport and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment