Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Who wants to tour the Whitehouse - 4th April 2009?

I want to arrange a tour to the Whitehouse on Saturday 4 April 2009 and through reading a previous post I have learnt that the only way to do this is organise a tour through the Britsh Embassy in Washington.





They only arrange tours for parties of 10+ and at the moment it%26#39;s just me and my boyfriend going. If anyone would like to tour the Whitehouse on that day please give them a ring. The tour is free. The numbers or the Embassy are:





Telephone General: (1)(202) 588 6500





Telephone General: (1)(202) 588 7800





- if you dial 0, you will be put through to an operator, who will direct you to the appropriate person (who is really nice!).





Whitehouse tours are scheduled one month in advance, so if you want to tour the Whitehouse that day, please let the embassy know by 4th March.



Who wants to tour the Whitehouse - 4th April 2009?


Do you have 10 people yet???



Who wants to tour the Whitehouse - 4th April 2009?


And can a US citizen go on a tour organized by the



British Embassy???



Thanks!




I am in Australia and rang to see if we could organise to go on a tour for a trip we are doing in Feb 09 and were told that we use to be able to go to the Austalian Embassy and they could organise it but now they are not taking any overseas visitors only US Citizens. I am kind of hoping this is not the case as I have a 13 year old who would give his eye teeth to do a tour.





Will be great just to be there but the tour would have been the icing on the cake.




Butterfly - I%26#39;m fairly certain that US citizens CAN go on tours through the British Embassy. Do some searches on here - I believe that people have done that in the past. The British Embassy seems to be one of the better ones for their flexibility in putting together tours.




Any luck on this? We are US citizens in same bind - I have an 11 year old girl and we need 8 others to make up a tour group. Any info you have on how to get in would be greatly appreciated.




We are flying in from London on the 8th April - and would love to tour the whitehouse - is anybody going on the tour on Friday 10th April - and maybe we could tag along ????? (am keeping fingers crossed)




OK I%26#39;m gonna call the embassy tomorrow so we need names people! I need 10 full names to let them know who%26#39;s coming on the 4th. If you can%26#39;t make it on the 4th let me know what day to see if whe can schedule it for another day.





Cheers




So far we have six people.





--------------------------------



Please be alert in case I need to put all the names down!



--------------------------------





Update: I%26#39;m calling embassy today.






It%26#39;s never a good idea to post your name and email address on an Internet forum....especially when announcing to the world that you won%26#39;t be home on a certain date!

No comments:

Post a Comment