Friday, March 30, 2012

Which flight to pick?

We will be leaving DC on a Wednesday morning. I%26#39;m trying to decide between the 8:25am flight and the 10:20am flight. They are both the same price for us. We will be staying at either the Hyatt Bethesda or the Omni Shoreham if it matters. Probably will take a taxi unless you guys recommend the metro at that hour with our luggage. Which flight would be best for us to take when you keep in mind DC rush hour? Also, if we do take a taxi how much extra time should we give to make sure we get to the airport in time?



Which flight to pick?


I would take the 10:20.





I don%26#39;t think you mention what airport but maybe I missed it. I am guessing DCA.



Which flight to pick?


Yeah sorry we%26#39;ll be flying out of DCA




I take 8:25 am flights from DCA to Florida all the time and I get the Red Line one stop up from Woodley Park. The Red Line isn%26#39;t crowded until about 7:30 am (my regular Red Line commute is at about 7:15), so it%26#39;s really easy. From Woodley, you should get to the Metro by 7:00. Add 15 minutes for Bethesda. If you%26#39;re checking bags you might want to leave 15 minutes earlier.




With a toddler and luggage, I would not try to ride Metro during rush hours. And you will have to change trains which only adds to the hassle. Take a taxi and save your nerves.





If you don%26#39;t mind getting up and out of the hotel by 6:30 AM or even a bit earlier, either would be a fine choice. Traffic on the bridges will be calmer for the early flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment