Friday, March 30, 2012

What time to leave DC by to avoid rush-hour traffic?

We will be leaving the city (Marriott Metro Center) on a Tuesday afternoon (March 24th). We want to get as much in as possible that day, but want to get out of town before the big traffic hits. What time should we leave by? Thank you!

What time to leave DC by to avoid rush-hour traffic?

No later than 3 PM.

What time to leave DC by to avoid rush-hour traffic?

I second that--3 at the absolute latest, 2 to be safer.


Assuming you%26#39;re driving back to Pittsburgh I concur with leaving your downtown location at 3pm, 2pm won%26#39;t save you much. I%26#39;m on I-270 every afternoon just about the time you%26#39;ll be getting there.

You may be in very brief back-ups at key exits all along I-270, but don%26#39;t panic as they will move shortly. Once you get to Frederick and I-70 the worst is over.


Thanks so much, I really appreciate the advice and will make sure we are out of town by then. :)


We are leaving for Pittsburgh on a Monday from Arlington National Cemetary. We plan on staying until 5:00 and then grabbing a bite to eat. If we leave at 6:00ish will rush hour be over or should we try to leave later than 6:00?


Rush hour will not be over at 6 PM.


Is it better to take 66/267 out of Arlington or George Washington Memorial Parkway to get to 495 to 270? (I hope I am quoting all these right - looking at Google maps)


Neither are going to be great at rush hour. Barring undue delays (accidents) the GW Parkway is more direct and scenic. They do drive fast on there so be careful.

  • dems pushing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment