Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Questions for Girls Trip this weekend

Hi there!





I%26#39;m planning a trip for this weekend and while I%26#39;ve worked out many of the details- would like some help!





Based on TA advice in the forums; here%26#39;s what I have planned:





Arrive Thursday (Staying at JW Marriott- $150 per night, got $100 Marriott bucks, and breakfast!)





Thursday- Private tours of capital and hopefully White House





Thursday dinner- Old Ebbitt%26#39;s Grill





Friday AM- Seqway Tours





Friday afternoon- Museums- we want to make it to Air and Space, Newseum, and Library of Congress on Friday and Saturday





Friday night- Georgetown- Dinner at Filomena





Saturday- Do the rest of the above Museums, dinner at District Chophouse and Brewery





Can you recommend a good brunch for Sunday, any Georgetown spots for after dinner drinks/ music, and or any changes you would make above? We are in our late 20%26#39;s.





Thanks!



Questions for Girls Trip this weekend


I prefer my brunch with lots of mimosas and good food, which is why Nage at 1600 Rhode Island (Scott Circle) is a favorite of mine. Chadwicks, on K Street in Georgetown also keeps the mimosas flowing. For other options, check out the Washingtonian list: washingtonian.com/articles/…4066.html.



Questions for Girls Trip this weekend


personally dont like old ebbit grill made me sick -had to stay home from work sick- twice now but other people love it but just thought i put in my 2 cents




The District Chophouse is a decent spot, but you are aware it%26#39;s a chain, right? Kind of like a higher end Rockbottom. Not that there%26#39;s anything wrong with that, but there are some other good local places - I%26#39;d look into Matchbox (a little cheaper) and Central (a little more).





Brunch - my top choice would be Tabard Inn in Dupont.





As for Georgetown, it%26#39;s probably just worth walking around M st and Wisconsin Ave and seeing which place suits your fancy. I%26#39;ve had a group of girlfriends go to Blue Gin and enjoy it a lot.





I%26#39;d also recommend grabbing a drink at Round Robin at the Willard, right across the street from your hotel. A very cool, small bar that has a DC power kind of feel to it.





Sounds like a great schedule overall - we%26#39;ll keep our fingers crossed for some good weather for you.




I was not aware that the District Chophouse was a chain and would like to avoid those! Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it!


  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment