Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Live music?

so our days will be full of museums and monuments, but I dread the thought of sitting in a hotel room every nite....are there any live music venues/clubs near to Penn Quarter? we%26#39;ll be there the first weekend in May....rock, blues or reggae preferably...





thanks :-)



Live music?


I%26#39;m drawing a blank for anything ';in'; Penn Quarter, but there are more than a couple live venues in town that might interest you.





It%26#39;s maybe a bit early for specifics for May, but Pollstar.com is a good resource, and I would also google the websites for the Black Cat, 9:30 Club, and Rock and Roll Hotel. Blues Alley in Georgetown is a bit more upscale than the other three.





None of those three are near Penn Quarter, but a Meto (subway) or taxi will get you to any of them without too much effort.



Live music?


If you literally mean ';weekend'; this won%26#39;t apply, but it just came to me - Thursday nights a great group, ';Scythian';, is in residence at Fado Irish pub on 7th Street in Penn Quarter. A lot of fun...





I just checked their web site and it seems they are no longer there ';every'; Thursday like they used to be, but they are there on Thursday 30th of April and I highly recommend them.




lucky me! we%26#39;re getting into town the afternoon of the 30th...I might have to go check out some ';ceol na nGael'; ;-)





thanks for your help, Irish!




holy smokes, IrishFan!! it%26#39;s almost like you know me!! I%26#39;m sitting hear listening to some tracks from the newest Scythian CD...I may have to go to the show just to buy the CD!! :-)))) thanks, they rock....




I was looking at the RnR Hotel%26#39;s site today and there are a couple of bands I might want to check out while I%26#39;m visiting....





the club%26#39;s free shuttle sounds too good to be true, but I%26#39;m hoping someone here can tell me it IS true :-)))




It seems the shuttle is a reality. I don%26#39;t actually know of anyone who has taken it, but at least one person who commented on this reliable blog:





dcist.com/2009/01/new_shuttle_service_to_mak鈥?/a>




Thanks mopsy...that%26#39;s an interesting blog....





funny, tho....the Hotel%26#39;s website makes it sound like they run the service....??

No comments:

Post a Comment