Thursday, April 12, 2012

**** LUGGAGE @ National Airport *****

I will be in Washington for a short trip in early 2007, and I will have a problem with my luggage, because I will be leaving my accommodation with friends early in the morning but my flight from Regan National Airport is not until the late afternoon.





From what I can see on the www, it appears that rail and airports have a %26#39;no left luggage%26#39; policy in operation as part of the increased security measures. So rather than be stuck hauling my luggage around for the day, I wonder if it would be possible to get down to the airport early in the day, check in my luggage well in advance of the flight and return to look around D.C. for a few hours - or must I wait until check in begins in 1 to 2 hours before the flight time???





Some airlines in the EU allow passengers to check in for any flight that day at their desks, others ask passengers to wait until the desk opens for that flight number Anyone know what the situation is for Continental Airlines in Ronald Regan National A/P in Washington D.C.????





My flight is to Newark with an onward connection to Europe. I have tried emailing the airline about this but haven%26#39;t received any answer yet . If anyone can advise, I%26#39;d appreciate it ...







**** LUGGAGE @ National Airport *****


Most airlines here won%26#39;t accept luggage until 4 hours before the flight. Continental works like most airlines here in the US. Unlike the EU, there aren%26#39;t separate desks with the flight numbers displayed over them. Instead everyone just lines up to use either the self-check kiosks or the ';manned'; desk positions regardless of which flight you%26#39;re on.





So...options would include showing up maybe 5 hours or so before your flight and hoping for a sympathetic agent. (Might not matter as it may be a system thing that won%26#39;t let them tag the bags until 4 hours before the flight), or take Metro over to Union Station, the train station in DC where there are lockers. (I think they still have them, you%26#39;d need to check)



**** LUGGAGE @ National Airport *****


Thanks for that IrishFan.



I googled Union Station and they don%26#39;t have a left luggage any more apparently. Oh well..




There is definitely a left luggage unit at Union Station. I used it two days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment