Thursday, April 12, 2012

restaurant suggestions

My family is going this weekend and staying at 2 different hotels, Capitol area. Need suggestions on restuarants, mid-price, seafood and/or steak that are family friendly and take a reservation. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am aware of Smith and Wollensky, McCormick %26amp; Schmidts, etc. would like to find out about others. Thank you. Our age range is 12 to 76.



restaurant suggestions


Some other possibilities:



In Georgetown:



Clyde%26#39;s (www.clydes.com)



Old Glory All-American BBQ (www.oldglorybbq.com)



Sea Catch (www.seacatchrestaurant.com)



In Dupont Circle:



Hank%26#39;s Oyster Bar



Pesce (www.pescebistro.com)





Just a few possibilities. If you want other suggestions--please post back.



restaurant suggestions


I%26#39;m not a seafood fan, but I love Kinkead%26#39;s (seafood restaurant). It%26#39;s supposed to one of the best and one of the most popular restaurants in the DC area. It%26#39;s a little pricey and maybe too formal, but being near Capitol Hill, you might bump in to some big-wigs.





Another seafood restaurant I%26#39;ve heard is good (but, I%26#39;ve never been to) is Johnny%26#39;s Half Shell. It%26#39;s supposed to have that neighborhood feel and is moderately priced.





Unfortunately, I%26#39;m really disappointed with the steaks in the DC area. The best one I%26#39;ve had was at Palena (in Cleveland Park), but that was rather expensive. It%26#39;s really too bad since I love steak...





Anyway, Washingtonian.com can help you with your restaurant choices. Good luck.





washingtonian.com/dining/vbcuisine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment